Djakarta, a band of brothers, take on the musical world with their indie pop-folk sound. With almost six years of experience, they have found Groover to be a great tool in their toolbox that has enabled them to reach the next level in their career.
Groover has helped us get in touch with different labels and PR for feedback about our projects! We had a lot of press opportunities [around the world] where the press and music fans seem to really like our music!
However, these opportunities did not come from thin air. These brothers have been working hard for years and have been able to achieve a unique image and sound that will take them far; we had the pleasure to interview them. Read all about their journey and check out some of their incredible tracks.
1. Djakarta, for those who don’t know you or your music, how would you introduce yourselves and your style of music?
Hi! We are Raphael and Tristan Stuart, we are French-born Australians brothers. As singer-songwriters and multi-instrumentalists we craft intimate pop songs, seamlessly blending acoustic and electronic textures inside our studio in Paris.
2. Could you share with us your musical journey from the start of your career to the present day?
We started the band in 2015, released an EP called “Djakarta” in 2017. We’ve released some singles in 2020, 2021 and will release our new EP “Overseas” in March 2022.
3. What three words would you use to describe yourselves?
Melancholic, inspired and curious.
4. What are your major musical influences?
Indie Pop Folk artists such as: Alt-j, America, Angus & Julia Stone, Fleet Foxes, Junip, Tame Impala, The Lumineers
5. What are your plans for this year? for the future?
We plan to release an acoustic version of our single “Looking for Attention“ in November 2021. Then our new EP “Overseas” in March 2022 on our own label LyreBirds Records and tour France and Europe in 2022. We will also work on our first album in 2022 and release it in 2023!
6. Could you tell us how Groover has helped you and how it has helped impulse your career? Anything in particular that sticks out?
Groover has helped us get in touch with different labels and PR for feedback about our projects! We had a lot of press opportunities especially in Brazil where the press and music fans seem to really like our music! We also had some great playlists in Europe and America, some radio plays in Australia, France, UK, South Africa etc.
And some interesting article reviews about our videoclips!
| Also read: The best tools to know to promote your music
7. What advice would you give your younger selves? What key advice would you give artists just starting out?
Try to find your own sound, build a team and work with partners that you will make your project grow (Agent, PR etc.)and keep exploring, recording, learning new instruments and listening to all styles of music.
8. Tell us about your current musical project(s)
After releasing 2 singles in 2021 (“Leave it for tomorrow” and “Looking for Attention“), we will release our 2nd EP “Overseas” in March 2022. We are producing an acoustic version of the EP and it will be out in September 2022.
Thanks for the support! 🙏