1. YouTube SEO: What is SEO on YouTube?
Natural referencing (SEO = ” Search Engine Optimization “) is what helps brings Internet users to certain websites depending on their search query. The main goal of SEO is to have your website or content positioned first in Google search results so that you can generate the most traffic. On YouTube, SEO works the same way. You have to position yourself properly to catch the eye of your viewers and then they will click and watch your video. Using YouTube SEO is completely free, so there is no question of needing a budget 🙂.
2. How to set up your YouTube video to get the best possible referencing
2.1 Video settings
All video settings are accessible in the YouTube Studio by clicking on the profile picture of your artist page on YouTube:
If the video you want to optimize has already been published, select it by clicking on it in the Content tab. Otherwise upload your video as usual by clicking on “Create”.
- Title of the video: Artist Name – Title (Official video in the case of a clip). To optimize the video, it is recommended to have a title between 40 and 50 characters
- Thumbnail: Choose a thumbnail that describes the mood of the clip and that makes you want to click
- Video Quality: whenever possible, the video should be of the highest possible quality (HD)
- Video description: fill in the description with the following elements of your choice (the description should be between 250 and 400 characters to be optimal):
- Small description of the title or message to your community
- Links to your social networks (required)
- Link to the EP or album if the track is part of it
- Lyrics of the song
- People who contributed to the production of the track or the video
Contact Youtube channels directly on Groover and receive a response within 7 days ⬇️
2.2 YouTube channel settings
It’s legitimately important that your YouTube profile and page are polished for perfect optimization. You can go to the Customization tab in YouTube Studio to change your channel settings:
- Complete the “ABOUT” section of your YouTube channel. Often neglected by smaller YouTube channels, this section is an important element that will allow Internet users to discover what you really do on your channel and what you will kind of content you will offer in the future. Don’t hesitate to insert keywords in this description of your channel: it’s an opportunity to enrich your channel with content.
- Link all your social networks to your YouTube page – LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc. This will make it easier to grow your following.
- Put a video on the front page to show that you are active on your YouTube page and allow people to discover your latest release.
- Don’t hesitate to subscribe to other YouTube channels of artists with similar projects to yours. If you follow channels whose subscribers might be interested in your project, it will add a lot of credibility to your channel later on.
- Organize your videos into playlists- the platform favors this. You can sort them by album for example or by type of content (covers, clips, etc.) in the Playlist tab.
2.3 Engaging with the community has an impact on Youtube SEO
Interaction on YouTube is essential- the platform rewards this- so don’t hesitate to engage with your community.
Don’t hesitate to post comments related to the video as soon as it is published to solicit interactions with your community. It’s also important to like and even reply to some comments if you have the opportunity to do so to create engagement with your audience.
🔸 Other interactions that impact Youtube SEO
You can also publish shorts and posts on your YouTube Artist page to create interaction and show the YouTube algorithm that you are active in the Posts section of the Content tab.
🔸 Types of tags to add
- Musical style of the video. Feel free to add more than one and aim for a wide range.
- Name of the track title
- Name of the artist. Don’t forget to add all the artists who collaborated on the track in case of featuring
- You can add tags by clicking on a video in the Content tab and then clicking on “More” at the bottom of the page to access the tag settings
🔸 Tag rules for an optimized video
- Tags that look like the title of the video: 20 points
- Tags that look like the description: 10 points
- Tags that include the exact title of the video: 10 points
- Tags that include the exact content of the video description: 10 points
- Recommended number of tags: Between 10 and 40
- Recommended number of characters for tags: Between 200 and 300
3. Youtube SEO – Other SEO factors
Other performance-dependent criteria also allow for better video referencing, including:
- Number of views
- Number of likes
- Number of subscribers to the channel
- Number of comments
- Length of the video (between 10 and 16 minutes)
> How to Attract and Create a Community on YouTube?
> How Does the YouTube algorithm work? Gain Visibility With Your Music Videos
> How to Make Your Music Known on YouTube?
To go further:
> How to promote music on youtube