Do you want to promote your music and find new opportunities? The music springboards are precisely the occasion to let your ambition overflow. After all, there is no excuse not to go for it. More and more musical springboards are created to stimulate the emerging music scene.
Here is a selection of the most current and exciting springboards in the US for you musicians. Promote your music and find new opportunities!
Are you looking for a booker? Send your tracks on Groover and contact the best bookers, labels, media outlets, and music professionals. Guaranteed response in less than 7 days!
A music springboard is missing from this guide and you want us to add it?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundry is YouTube Music’s global artist development program. Serving the independent music community, it provides artists with the resources they need to succeed on YouTube and grow their careers on their terms. Are you an independent artist looking to grow your audience on YouTube? This program is for you.
YouTube Music is now accepting applications from independent artists for the Foundry 2022 promo!
The songwriting camp starts with a packed day full of kickoff events. First, there will be an Opening Ceremony with a surprise celebrity guest to greet our 100+ participants. Last year Charlie Harding from hit podcast Switched On Pop interviewed Grammy-winning Anti Social producer Swagg (H.E.R.) and Atlantic Records A&R Nikisha Bailey.
Next, Anti Social Women Running Music is a panel of star female producers leading a discussion to address industry inequality, sound engineering and production, music business and management,, leadership and communication skills. Last year’s panel included Ebonie Smith, Erin Tonkon, Bryn Bliska, Kiri Stensby and Rachel Alina. This will include students from Sound Thinking NYC, She Is The Music, Building Beats, Beats By Girlz, Gender Amplified, MPC, AES and The Creator’s Suite.
Lastly, Gear Day is a one-day mini trade show within the camp to familiarize talent and industry with music’s prestigious gear companies — booths, demos, masterclasses and all. NY Music Month is an initiative of the NYC Mayor’s Office of Media + Entertainment.
2nd Annual Anti Social Camp: From June 13 to June 17, 2022
For 35 years, the American Songwriter Lyric Contest has helped thousands of artist / songwriters expose their talents to a wider audience.
Prizes: The winner of each of six bi-monthly contests receives a Paul Reed Smith acoustic guitar and a Sennheiser microphone. The top four winning lyrics and 10 honorable mentions for each contest are printed in the corresponding issue of American Songwriter and on the website. One overall, Grand Prize winner per year receives airfare to Nashville to record a professional demo and a “Dream Co-Write” with an established artist/writer. Past co-writes have included Rodney Crowell, Ashley Monroe, Chris Stapleton, Bobby Braddock, Lee Brice and Mary Gauthier.
- How to Enter: Go to www.americansongwriter.com and click on “Contests.” Entry fee is $15 per song.
- Application deadline: May 15th at 11:59 P.M. (CST) – Winners announced June 15 (via email).
The Great American Song Contest is open to songwriters, lyricists & music composers worldwide.
This annual event is designed for amateur and semi-pro songwriters only. Individuals who earn over $10,000 annually from song publishing royalties are not eligible.
- An entry fee of $35 is required for each entered song. (Note: There is a limit of 10 songs per songwriter per year.)
- If the same song is entered in multiple categories, each requires a separate entry fee.
- This year’s submission deadline is November 17, 2022. Online submissions must be received by this date. Mailed submissions must be postmarked by this date.
- All entrants will be sent an entry confirmation and judging schedule when their songs are received and processed.
Apply here for the Great American Song Contest
(open for entries on May 15).
The John Lennon Songwriting Contest is an international competition open to both amateur and professional songwriters. Songs may be entered in any of the following twelve categories: rock, country, jazz, pop, world, R&B, hip-hop, gospel/inspirational, Latin, electronic, folk and children’s. Instrumental compositions are encouraged.
With over $300,000 worth of cash awards and prizes, one entry will be named “Song of the Year” and that winner will receive $20,000 cash as well as an enormous prize package. Entry fees from the contest help support the non-profit 501(c)(3) John Lennon Educational Tour Bus, which provides students of all ages free hands on opportunities to create.
- Application deadline: June 15, 2022.
- Winners announcement: September 1, 2022.
SongDoor’s is a song contest that aims to:
- Provide a channel for new original music to be heard
- Provide useful tools to improve writers’ skills.
All songs are fully screened by industry professionals with real connections to music publishing, producers, artists and labels, and are judged by industry pros who have worked with Neil Young, Justin Timberlake, Tony Bennett, Britney Spears, Kenny Rogers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Fray, Train and dozens of other notable artists.
Each year, entrants are given a free unlimited-access trial to SongU.com plus a free songwriting software program (compatible with either Mac or Windows).
Prizes: The total awards purse is valued at more than $40,000 and includes a full-band session demo (recorded and produced at Sixteen Ton Studio), a single-song publishing contract, exclusive pitching and networking opportunities, a comprehensive assortment of top-shelf songwriting software and more. The competition is open to amateurs and professionals worldwide.
Application deadline: November 15, 2022.
Would you like your music to be heard and get in touch with music professionals?
Send your music to Groover
– You are guaranteed that your music will be heard and you will get a feedback in less than 7 days –
What if your music was featured on Dünyadan Sesler’s Youtube channel? With more than 580k subscribers and 191 million views, this Youtube channel has become a reference for the discovery of artists worldwide. And today, you have the opportunity to try to be part of the artists highlighted by Dünyadan Sesler!
Enrollment : from Monday, April 25, 2022 at 4 AM (ET) to Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 4 AM (ET).
Winners : The 5 selected artists or badns will have their video featured on the Dünyadan Sesler Youtube channel.
CALL FOR APPLICANTS – 2 EXCLUSIVE SHOWCASES – Groover is partnering with Breaking Sound to organize an acoustic act in Kobrick Coffee Co. and a live show in Berlin under A to showcase some emerging artists/bands in the New York City music scene.
The winners will share the stage with other emerging artists and play in front of their NYC followers, so apply for the opportunity to play in this great event in Manhattan. This is the perfect opportunity for you to gain visibility!
- Application deadline: May 23, 2022
- Winners : Groover selects 3 acoustic acts to play in Kobrick Coffee Co. on June 16 and 3 live bands to play in Berlin under A on June 26.
- Music genres: indie rock, indie-pop, pop, alternative, singer-songwriter, folk, r&b and funk.
- Formats: An acoustic band without drums (Kobrick Coffee Co); Live band, preferably with drums (Berlin Under A).
Liverpool Sound City X Groover
Groover is partnering with the Liverpool Sound City festival to bring 2 artists to play at this emerging music festival, one of the biggest in England, with thousands of music industry professionals there to hear you 😱
The concert will be between April 30th and May 1st 2022!
Enrollment: until Monday, March 28, 2022 at 11AM (GMT)..
- We are open to all music genres.
Course of action :
- We will pay for transport to/from Liverpool if the artist is based outside Liverpool.
- We will provide a token fee for each performance.
- There will also be beer, water, and soft drinks.
The Alternative Escape 2022 (Brighton)
For all artists. One of Europe’s biggest showcases, The Great Escape, is calling for applications for the 2022 edition in Brighton. Whether you’re a band, singer-songwriter, rapper, DJ, collective or duo, don’t hesitate to apply!
- Enrollment: February 11, 2022
- Prizes: The winners will perform at the festival which will take place from May 13 to 16, 2022 in Brighton, England
- Enrollment Requirements: Applications for The Great Escape are open to artists from all over the world, regardless of musical genre.